Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Troll Booth

, , , , , , | Right | February 10, 2018

(I am working as a server on a Saturday evening. It is rather slow, but it usually picks up from seven until closing. The policy for our restaurant is that booths can only be used to seat parties of three or more, due to the limited seating we have. A woman walks into the restaurant asking to be seated in a booth.)

Host: “Unfortunately, we can only seat parties of three or more in a booth. We have many tables available, as well as the bar.”

Customer: “I’d like to speak to your manager.”

(The manager arrives and asks what the problem is, then explains the policy to the customer.)

Customer: “YOU ARE TREATING ME LIKE A SECOND-CLASS CITIZEN!”

Manager: “Ma’am, I’m sorry you feel that way, but it is policy, and we have many other tables available to you.”

Customer: “WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO ME RIGHT NOW IS COMPARABLE TO A PERSON OF COLOR BEING TOLD TO SIT AT THE BACK OF THE BUS! YOU ARE DISCRIMINATING. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANY MEAL I EAT HERE!”

(The woman was white. If it had been up to me, I would have asked her to leave, but my manager caved and gave her a booth, much to the ire of the couple who we denied a booth, due to the policy, just moments prior to this woman showing up. And of course, guess who had to serve her?)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!