Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trip To Hell Turned Into Trip To Helsinki

| Working | October 11, 2016

(It’s my second time going overseas. A week prior, I was planning to spend a year in a specialized school, but my residence permit was denied shortly before my departure. Having the plane tickets already, I decide to still go for a vacation.)

Me: *in the car with my parents* “It’s really odd, but I don’t feel like I’ll be traveling today…”

(At the airport, the first flight out of my journey of three is cancelled. After the residence permit refusal, I’m pretty distressed, but decide to wait in the long line for customer service.)

Me: “Hi. I was supposed to be on the flight to Boston, and then to Reykjavik, and then to Helsinki. Is there anything that can be done?”

(The lady at the desk widens her eyes at the mention of two further connections.)

Lady: “Okay. Okay. Give me a minute.”

(She goes into focus mode as I wait, occasionally asking a question to a colleague. At that point, I’ve joined my hands, prayer-like.)

Lady: “Oh, please don’t worry; we’re getting you to Helsinki. It will be a little later than you would have. You’ll be on a flight to Frankfurt, and then to Finland.”

Me: “Honestly, right now I’m just really hoping that you get the kindness of your work a hundredfold!”

Lady: *laughing* “Well I’m getting married in a month, so good weather would be perfect!”

(I wished her the best. She had a colleague take my suitcase to get it checked in again, and I did make it to Finland. I hope her wedding was fantastic!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!