Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tree Talk

| Right | March 18, 2015

(I receive a call from a guy who’s calling on behalf of his friend and acting as the account owner. It’s pretty obvious because I can hear the account owner in the background providing his account info.)

Me: “Hi, my name is [My Name]; may I have your phone number, please?”

Friend: *whispers* “Dude, what’s your phone number?”

Account Owner: *from the background* “It’s [number].”

Friend: “Hi, yes. It’s [number].”

Me: “Thank you! Now, may I have your name?”

Friend: *whispers* “Dude, what is the complete name on your account?”

Account Owner: *from the background* “It’s [Full Name].”

Friend: “Sure, [Full Name].”

(The friend kept chatting with the account owner and is no longer paying attention to what I’m asking.)

Me: “[Name]!”

Friend: “Oh! I’m sorry about that. Can you please repeat your question?”

Me: “This is the last time I will ask this question, if I don’t get the answer I will have to disconnect this call! What… is… the.. name… of… the STREEEET… that you grew up on?!”

Friend: *he is rattled and whispers* “Dude, what’s the name of TREE that you grew up on?”

Account Owner: *from the background* “What the f***, dude?”

Friend: “Didn’t you ask for the tree name?”

Account Owner: *now shouting from the background* “Just what the f*** is your problem with me? Stop messing around! If you wanna play, wait for your turn!”

Me: *laughing and can barely speak* ” “Uh, sir…”

Friend: *shaky voice* “What is it you are asking for?”

Me: “I’m asking for the name of the… name of the…” *mute and laugh* “streeeet, please.”

Friend: *click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!