Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trashy Behavior Around The Office

, , , , | Working | October 28, 2021

I’m clearing out my desk as I have a habit of letting things pile up. I have way more than I thought: wrappers, cutlery, napkins, and sachets. I try to salvage what I can for the kitchen area we have.

I find a box of healthy off-brand snacks. These did not taste good when they were new. Now several months out of date, I don’t even want to open them.

The pile grows as I finish. A particularly annoying coworker hovers near my desk.

Coworker: “Having a clear-out?”

Me: “Yep.”

Coworker: “Anything good?”

Me: “Good? No, just all the leftover odds and ends.”

He is not even looking at me; he is eyeing up the pile.

Me: “I mean, help yourself to anything, but not the snacks.”

He puts his head to one side.

Coworker: “Oh, they looked tasty.”

Me: “Believe me, you won’t like them. They’re going in the bin.”

He picks at the pile and takes a few bits. I put everything but the snacks in the kitchen area. The box of snacks goes in my desk bin.

The next day:

Coworker: “Oh, you were right about those snacks. I had some last night, and they were horrible. I don’t know how you ate them. I mean, they were… Ugh, I thought I was going to throw up.”

Me: “Not the snacks I put in the bin?”

Coworker: “No, I, err… went out and bought my own. You know, because I wanted to try some.”

Me: “Sure, sure. Well, when I’m right, I’m right. Won’t buy them again.”

I checked; they stopped selling them almost immediately after I bought that pack. No way did he buy them from the shop. Well, I hope he learned his lesson about taking food from other people’s bins after they told him not to.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!