Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Toxic, Surly, Asinine Employees

, , , , , | Working | April 28, 2020

I’m from Australia and I’m on a business trip to the USA. I have a connection in Los Angeles International Airport. It’s been a few years since my last visit to the US, and airport security is much more relaxed in my home country. While I’m waiting in a queue to get through security, I hear screaming at the front of the queue.

TSA Agent: “YOU HAVE TO REMOVE YOUR SHOES! WE’VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A WHILE; HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS?”

The TSA agent is a very young woman, currently screaming at a poor couple who are looking flustered and doubling back to put their shoes in a tub.

TSA Agent: “ARE YOU STUPID? CAN YOU READ? CAN YOU UNDERSTAND ME RIGHT NOW? HUH?”

The couple are clearly not from the US and probably haven’t been asked to remove their shoes before. There are no signs requesting that we do this. I’d forgotten this requirement myself but I quickly remove my shoes to avoid being screamed at.

TSA Agent: *Looks at me* “At least you’re not stupid.”

I said nothing and went through. I didn’t want to pick a fight and get cavity searched by this xenophobic a**hole. Now I wonder why this person was surprised that a queue of international travellers in an international airport didn’t telepathically know US security procedures? The American TSA is the rudest I’ve ever encountered.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!