Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Towing The Line

, , , | Friendly | CREDIT: doronbecker | May 18, 2021

There is a parking lot underneath the building where my family and I live. All of the parking spots are rented and taken except for two spots at the side of the entrance to the lot; all of the building agreed that those two parts are free parking for people who LIVE IN THE BUILDING and don’t have rented spots, like children that get cars and can’t park where their parents park. Basically, it’s a matter of first come, first serve in those two spots.

I am coming back from taking out the trash when I am confronted by my neighbor.

Neighbor: “Is your car parked at the entrance?”

Me: “Yeah. Is something wrong?”

Neighbor: “Yeah, something’s wrong. I have trouble coming in and out of the lot because of you; you’re blocking the path!”

I know that’s not true.

Me: “No, I’m not. It’s an agreed parking spot. If I parked incorrectly, I can go check it.”

Neighbor: “You need to leave that parking spot. My kids are coming over and they need a place to park.”

Me: “Wait, what? You’re telling me to leave that parking spot just so your kids — who don’t even live here — could come over? No, I’m not gonna move.”

Neighbor: “You kids are so disrespectful! You all park like it’s Chicago up in here! I’m gonna call a tow truck on you if you don’t move your car right now!”

I’m not a kid; I’m twenty-one.

Me: “Bye.”

Neighbor: “You have until Sunday!”

I approached the owner of the building. The funny thing is that when I went to the owner, [Neighbor]’s sons had already come to the parking lot and not only parked in a spot that wasn’t legal but blocked both [Neighbor]’s car and the path to the entrance and exit, eventually causing a big traffic jam.

The owner was furious. He kicked the sons out of the lot and gave [Neighbor] some nasty yells. My dad and I just looked out of the window, ate popcorn, and enjoyed the show.

The tow truck the neighbor threatened me with never came.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!