Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tow-tal Kindness

, , | Hopeless | March 10, 2017

I have lived in Los Angeles for no more than six months when I rear-end a city truck while on my way to work. I am nineteen, alone, and terrified. I don’t know what to do or what is going to happen. My truck is obviously a total loss and I am stranded. I am stressed about the damages, the cost, work and how I’ll get there; the list goes on.

I’m standing on the busy street, waiting for a tow, crying and shaking when another car stops and a man gets out. After he checks in with the others, he comes and talks to me. Turns out he’s a city employee as well. He noticed my license plates were out of state and asks me where I am from. He happens to have family near my hometown. Before I know it, I am not crying anymore but am having a light conversation with this stranger. He even manages to make me laugh.

I never got his name. I wouldn’t even be able to describe his appearance. But he comforted a terrified teenager when she was alone and probably in shock, now that I think of it. Years later, I still think about him sometimes, so if you’re reading this, mystery man, know that I am grateful and thank you.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!