Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Totally Estúpido! Part 7

, , , , | Right | July 25, 2019

(I handle the phone and the till at a sushi takeaway. All our menu items are numbered, so I can enter them in the till from that. Shortly before closing, two girls and a guy come in, all speaking Spanish.)

Me: “The menus are there. Please let me know if you have any questions or are ready to order.”

Guy: “Sure…”

(He switches back to Spanish and his tone is belligerent for a moment before the two girls snicker. They discuss the menu a little longer before the man turns back to me.)

Guy: “Okay, we want a 74, a 75, 83, 62…”

Me: “Whoa, hey, sorry, the till doesn’t go that fast. Can you say that again, please?”

Guy: “Sure. Idiota lenta…” *slow idiot…*

Me: “Ah, tómate tu tiempo. No hay prisa.” *Ah, take your time. There’s no rush.*

(The man’s jaw hit the floor, and the two girls started dying of laughter. I finished their order and they opted to wait outside while the kitchen made it. I was working the next day, too, and lo and behold, he was back with one of the girls. He looked sheepish the whole time and they both made sure to only speak English.)

Related:
Totally Estupido, Part 6
Totally Estupido, Part 5
Totally Estupido, Part 4

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!