Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Total Eclipse Of The Heart-Strings

, , , , , , | Hopeless | September 12, 2017

The day of the 2017 Solar Eclipse, some friends and I carpooled out to our college for a viewing event. Unfortunately, by the time we got there, they had run out of eclipse-viewing glasses. While there were volunteers walking around offering to let people borrow theirs for a few seconds each, I was still a bit upset, because I was hoping to get some as a keepsake for the event.

As I was informing my friends of this setback, a young girl, probably no older than ten, came up and tried to hand me her glasses, having overheard. I tried to decline, but she insisted, saying that she and her two companions could take turns with what they had. The companions didn’t seem bothered at all by the notion of sharing theirs. After a couple rounds of this, I relented and took them, thanking her repeatedly.

The eclipse was unforgettable, but her kind gesture was even more so.


This story is part of the Eclipse roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

13 Spacey Stories About Aliens And Those Who Believe…

 

Read the first roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!