Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tooth Isn’t The Only Thing Chipped

, , , , | Right | September 8, 2010

Customer: “Hi, I was in a few days ago, and something I ate chipped my tooth. I called and your boss said you would reimburse me.”

Me: “I’m sorry, it’s not our policy to offer cash reimbursement without the manager present. However, if you leave your information I will pass it along to the owners and we’ll see what we can do.”

Customer: “Oh.” *stands there staring at me for a minute*

Me: “Is there something else I could help you with?”

Customer: “Are you going to give me the money?”

Me: “No, sorry. Like I said, that’s not within our policy.”

Customer: “Oh, okay.”

(I leave to refill another customer’s beverage. The customer steals my float container from the drawer through some sneaky maneuvering.)

Me: *catching the customer at the door* “I’m going to need to take that back from you.”

Customer: *reluctantly hands the float container back to me, looking forlorn* “But… but… it’s for ME!”


This story is part of the Stupid Criminals roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

24 Satisfying Stories About Lying Customers Getting Caught

 

Read the next Stupid Criminals roundup story!

Read the Stupid Criminals roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!