Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Took That Shuttle To Crazy Town

, , , , , , , | Working | April 7, 2016

(I don’t have a car and my family lives next to an airport. When I am going to school, I often use an airport shuttle to get to and from my house in between breaks to save my parents time. My mom mentions paying for a shuttle I’ve never used, but she often gets confused so I am calling to make a reservation.)

Me: “Hi.”

Woman: “What can I help you with?”

Me: “I’m not sure, but I think I have a credit from before. If not, I can pay ,but I just want to—”

Woman: “Okay. Well, do you actually have your confirmation number?”

Me: “I don’t think—”

Woman: “Or a phone number?”

Me: “I’m not sure if my mom used my phone number or hers but here’s mine: [number].”

Woman: “Okay, but do you actually have a date?”

Me: “I thought you could use my phone number?”

Woman: *starting to use a baby voice* Ma’am, I am just trying to find your reservation but I don’t have your confirmation number.”

Me: “I know I don’t have all the information you want, but there’s no reason for you to be so sarcastic. I’m giving you the alternate information you asked for.”

Woman: *higher-pitched baby voice* “I don’t know what you mean? I’m just trying to help you.”

Me: “What’s your name?”

Woman: *in racist accent* “Juan. Pablo. Tim.”

Me: “What is your name?”

Woman: “Oscar the Grouch.”

Me: “When do you stop working? I really don’t want to talk to you anymore and want to call back later and talk to someone else.”

(I now realize that could sound like I wanted to wait for her in the parking lot, but spending any time near her is the furthest thing from my mind.)

Woman: “I’m just trying to help you, ma’am.”

Me: “Can you just check to see if I have a credit?”

Woman: “You didn’t give me the date.”

Me: “It would be my most recent trip.”

Woman: *voice suddenly becoming conversational* “Oh, you know. This system is so crappy and old I just get frustrated.”

Me: “Why were you angry?”

Woman: “Oh, well, people lie all the time to get free rides. I wasn’t even looking any of your information up. Honestly, I was just trying to make you go away.”

Me: “…”

Woman: “What was the phone number again?”


This story is part of the grouch day roundup!

Read the next grouch day roundup story!

Read the grouch day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!