Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Too Bad You Can’t Vaccinated Against A**holes

, , , , , , | Working | March 30, 2021

We are in the middle of a global health crisis. The office is set up a little strangely: worker bees downstairs and upper management upstairs in offices rented by another company. We sublease about three offices upstairs. No one, and I mean no one upstairs wears a mask despite there being a mask mandate in place.

My boss decides to force us back into the office around late July because he is lonely and misses talking to people. Therefore, my manager makes a fuss about getting a thermometer and taking our temperatures when we come into the office. But don’t worry! We have a rotating schedule! That I have to watch. Meaning the same person is in the office as multiple shifts come in, one hundred percent defeating any purpose of a rotating schedule. Masks are, of course, optional to her, so I set a policy saying we have to wear masks.

Fast forward to late August; someone upstairs gets sick. You would think that would mean neither of my bosses would come downstairs and instead would self-isolate, right? Wrong! My manager calls and informs me that she is picking up the thermometer for her own personal use because she is feeling ill and then comes in without a mask on.

This is rinsed and repeated each month from September to February. Each time, my manager is aware of it and comes down to swipe the thermometer — while people are in the office — without her mask on. Each time, I wonder if she is maybe going to learn her lesson to have people work from home again. I mention it to her several times and she thinks that because we are all young and healthy, we should be fine! Both of the bosses are in their sixties and all of us have roommates who work in retail.

I can’t wait until she gets someone down here sick and they sue, because quite a few of them have mentioned it. I am also sure many of us would’ve found a new job by now if it wasn’t for the crisis.

One day, my manager tells me we’re getting back into the office again after telling me how she went out to lunch with someone waiting on a test because they were symptomatic. That day, I sign up for the vaccine trial. I am still double-masking and keeping my distance out of respect for my coworkers, but I feel relieved having fully been vaccinated with antibodies since September.

This entire thing really shows who is a thoughtful, caring individual, and who is a selfish jerk.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!