Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

To His Credit… Wait…

, , , | Working | October 3, 2022

I had a new boss who was hired from outside our industry. As the lead for our depot, I was responsible for many of the logistics and warehouse goings-on and had pretty much free rein from the main office as long as everything was taken care of. I had over twenty years of experience and had started at the bottom.

I came to find out that [New Boss] was taking credit for some of the accomplishments and improvements I had initiated and making me look like I was slacking. We had a big meeting at corporate one week, and I had a very nice chat with one of the higher-ups that I had known for years and found out what was being pulled.

About two weeks later, [Higher-Up] and some others of power showed up at the depot and called [New Boss] out on his scheme. They embarrassed the h*** out of him.

Higher-Up: “You are the general manager, but [My Name] is the one with the experience and know-how. We know that the things you’ve claimed as yours weren’t.”

[New Boss] lasted about two and a half weeks and then left. Needless to say, he mostly just sat in his office and left me alone until his departure.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!