Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

To Get Into The Lot, Is A Lot

, , , , | Right | June 24, 2020

One of the parking lots for my building requires you to pull a ticket if you don’t have badge access to the lot. Once the ticket is turned in to security, we’ll give out tokens so people can leave the lot. There’s an intercom at the entrance and exit for anyone having trouble, so they can reach security.

Me: *Over the intercom* “Security, can I help you?”

Driver: “Yeah, how do I get into the lot? I don’t have a badge.”

There’s a sign at the front of the lot, as well as a notice by the intercom telling drivers what to do.

Me: “Sir, you need a ticket.”

Driver: “I do? I didn’t see a notice! How do I get one?”

Me: “Sir, there’s a ticket dispenser just a few inches from the intercom.”

Driver: “So… how do I get a ticket?”

Me: “Sir, the button says to push.”

Driver: “So, I push the button?”

Me: “Yes.”

Driver: “Will I get a ticket?”

Me: “Yes.”

Driver: “Where’s the dispenser again?”

Me: *Head-desk* “Right next to you, sir.”

Driver: “Oh! So… uh… Now what do I do?”

Me: “Take a ticket, sir.”

Driver: “Oh… and what do I do with that?”

Me: “Bring it to security for a token, so you can leave the lot.”

A lot of drivers understand the process at this point, but at least once a day, we get this over the exit intercom from someone trying to leave.

Me: “Security, can I help you?”

Driver: “Yeah, hi, I got a ticket when I came in, but there’s nowhere to return it so I can get out!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!