Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tired Workers Recognise Tired Workers

, , , | Right | February 3, 2022

I’m the customer in this one. I’ve had a very sleepless night and have just gotten off a ten-hour shift to boot when I decide to stop by the grocery store. I grab a pre-made deli dinner and head over to the self-checkout. The machine has trouble reading the UPC and a window pops up, prompting me to type the code in manually.

Now is where the stupid part comes in.

The lack of sleep and dealing with my own clients all day have made my brain short circuit and, for whatever reason, I dumbly assume it’s the prompt for my phone number for a rewards card. An error message displays and tells me someone will help.

Machine Attendant: “Everything okay here?”

Me: “I accidentally put my phone number in the text box for the UPC because honestly, I don’t know where I am right now.”

The nice lady does a double-take and laughs pretty hard at my statement before fixing my mistake.

Machine Attendant: “There you go, sweetheart. Go get some rest.”

Dear Machine Attendant, if you’re reading this, thank you for being a good sport despite me being very lost and sleepy. I appreciated it very much.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!