Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tipped To Be A Good Day

, , , , , | Right | October 4, 2020

I have been having an awful day at work dealing with my manager’s endless yelling at me and my coworker calling out leaving me to close by myself. I have made no tips the entire day, and just as I’m about to start cleaning up, a woman walks in.

Customer: “Hey, do you think you have enough time for one more sandwich?”

Me: “Sure, I can do that for you. What would you like?”

I proceed to make her order and ring her up. Her total is about $6. She hands me $40.

Customer: “Here you go; keep the change.”

Me: “But… This is like $34 in tip! I think you handed me the wrong amount.”

Customer: “I have been a bartender for ten years and know that you live off of tips. You take that money and do something nice for yourself. Have a great night!”

I thanked her as I began to cry, and she just smiled and walked out. Wherever she is, God bless her for being so amazing to me on such an awful day!


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for October 2020!

Read the next Feel Good roundup story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for October 2020!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!