Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tipped Off To Be A Bad Tip

| Right | November 28, 2016

(I am 16 and this is my first day at my first waitressing job. The town is small and pretty much just packed with old people. I am feeling pretty good because I get tons of compliments on how nice I am. One older guy took up tons of my time but an older waitress told me it’s fine cause he tips well. After he left I went to clear the table.)

Me: *to older waitress* “Oh, my god! It’s $100! Wait… This is a fake.”

Older Waitress: *laughing* “Yeah! He does that to all the new girls!”

Me: “He didn’t even leave a real tip. How is that funny? I make $2 an hour and need to get tips to make a normal wage!”

(I quit shortly after that because the owners and older staff were nuts. 15 years later I moved back to town to be by my parents and saw that man in a restaurant. He was about to pull the same thing on a young girl.)

Me: “Don’t you dare! You did the same thing to me 15 years ago! Hasn’t anyone told you how freaking rude that is!”

Man: “It’s a joke!” *he got up and left*

Me: “Well, it’s not funny!”

(I got up and cleared the table myself and tossed out the fake tip. The poor girl came up confused. I handed her a real tip and suggested she never waste her time on that guy again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!