Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time To Shake Up The Establishment

| Working | September 18, 2013

(My friend and I are eating at a very well-known fast food restaurant.)

Me: “Could I have a chocolate shake, please?”

Cashier: “Sorry, we’re out of chocolate.”

Me: “Okay, could I have a strawberry then please?”

Cashier: “Sorry, we’re out of strawberry too.”

Me: “Then could I please have a vanilla?”

Cashier: “Let me just go make it.”

(I see that the mixture coming out of the machine looks strange. As soon as it starts coming out, I start calling to the cashier.)

Me: “Excuse me! Excuse me? That doesn’t look right. Could I get something else please? Could you cancel the shake? Excuse me!”

(The cashier obviously hears me, but pretends she hasn’t. She finally slaps a lid on it and gives it to me. I take a sip and almost spit it out.)

Me: “I’m sorry; could you remake this or give me something else?”

Cashier: “WHY?!”

Me: “Because this is weirdly colored, has lumps of something in it, has so much vanilla flavoring that it’s actually bitter, and obviously isn’t fit to drink.”

Cashier: “Sorry, no. I’m not remaking it.”

Me: “If you’re not going to remake it could I have a refund then?”

Cashier: “No. No remakes, and no refunds.”

Me: “Is that your policy?”

Cashier: “No, but that’s what I’m doing.”

Me: “Can I have the manager please?”

Manager: *overhearing* “Sorry, no refunds.”

Me: “No problem. Could you just remake it then?”

Manager: “No.”

Me: “You do understand you made this shake badly? I’m not drinking it; it’s too horrible-tasting to drink. That is in no way my fault. I even asked your cashier to change my order before she filled it.”

Manager: “No! It’s a perfectly good shake! We can’t remake something every time a customer thinks it’s not perfect.”

Me: “Oh yeah? You haven’t tried this one, buddy. Go on, try it.”

(He tries a bit of it. He gags at the taste, and then starts spitting out lumps with a disgusted look on his face.)

Me: “See? What did I tell you? Isn’t it horrible? Do you want a reputation for serving things like that?”

Manager: *to cashier* “…yeah, give her a refund.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!