Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time To Call It A Day

| Right | March 6, 2014

(We have a sign posted on the counter informing customers to hang up their phones before conducting business. Often, they ignore this. A customer comes up, talking on his cell phone. I am not required to address him while he’s on the phone. He talks and talks for minutes, staring at me. Finally…)

Customer: “Hold up, baby.” *to me* “Yo, you gonna help me?”

Me: “Oh, sure, sir. Once you’re finished with your phone call.”

Customer: “I can do both!”

Me: “Sir, perhaps you missed the sign, but we will not conduct business with you while you are in the middle of a personal phone call.”

Customer: “You a rude motherf*****! I wanna talk to your manager!”

(I walk over and tell my manager what’s up. The manager comes over, and the customer is on his phone AGAIN.)

Customer: “Hold on, baby.” *to the manager* “Yeah, this guy was very rude to me and is refusing to help me. He should be fired!”

(My manager looks at him.)

Manager: “Who are you talking to?”

Customer: “My wife.”

Manager: “Can I speak to her?”

Customer: “Why you wanna talk to her?”

Manager: “Well, if I’m going to fire this guy, I need another witness, and since you ignored the sign that explicitly tells you to hang up your phone, we have a second witness, and I want to get her account of what happened.”

Customer: “Y’all’s a bunch of ignorant motherf*****s! I hope this motherf***** burns down! You just lost a customer!”

(The customer stormed off. An hour later, I got a call from another dealership saying a guy came in and was cursing us out. But apparently, he learned to stay off his phone!)


This story is part of the People Who Should Get Off Their Phones roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!