Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time For An IP Ban

, , , , | Friendly | January 8, 2021

I’m playing an online video game with a few friends when a newer player approaches and asks to join. I, the leader, say no because it would hold back our leveling. Then, we have the following conversation.

Player: “Let me join! I’m a good player, I promise!”

Me: “I’m happy to do it later, but I’m grinding right now, and a low-level player would only hold me back.”

Player: “Why not let me join? I can help you a lot!”

Friend: “[My Username] is right; we can’t let you join right now. In a bit, maybe, but not right now.”

Player: “F*** you!”

My Whole Party: “What?!”

Player: “You all are a bunch of a**holes!”

Me: “Cool it, buddy.”

Player: “Just let me join, or I’ll report you!”

Me: “Nope, not now, not later, not ever.”

The player lets loose a slew of profanity and slurs, directed toward me.

Me: “You signed your own death warrant just now.”

I click report and the player is kicked shortly. The next day, I meet someone with a username just one letter off, and I receive this message.

Player: “Hi, can I join your party?”

Me: “You must take me for a low-watt bulb.”

Player: “What?”

Me: “Your username is literally just one letter different. At least change it properly, if you’re going to try and trick me.”

The player unleashes another slew of profanity, stretching for a few minutes.

The player was kicked again. We’ve danced to this same tune at least half a dozen times now, and it won’t be the last. I’m partly entertained by this dude’s persistence and partly saddened to have lost my hope in humanity.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!