Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time For A Brain Flare-Up

, , , | Right | November 30, 2020

I have eczema and have had several flare-ups over the last year. My dermatologist prescribed me a mild steroid cream that is normally very expensive. However, he also sent a coupon along with the prescription that makes it free. It works great, so he says he’ll keep prescribing it for flare-ups.

I just refilled my cream a few weeks ago. I get a call from the pharmacy. I’m at work when I get the call, so I’m not paying full attention.

Representative: “Hi, this is [Representative] from [Pharmacy]. Is this [My Name]?”

Me: “Speaking!”

Representative: “Great! We are calling today to let you know that as of tomorrow, the manufacturer of [Steroid Cream] is no longer accepting the coupon that makes it free. We’re calling all our patients to give them a heads-up. Do you need a refill?”

Me: “Uh… I just got a refill and I haven’t used much. Do I even qualify for a refill this soon?”

Representative: *Sighs* “All right, let me rephrase that. As of tomorrow, this cream is $300 a pop. Now, do you need a refill?”

I finally realize that they are trying to HELP ME.

Me: “Oh! I got it now. Yes, I could use a refill.”

Representative: “Good choice. I’ll have that processed for you in the next few minutes. You’ll get a text when it’s ready!”

And I got my cream soon after. To the pharmacy representative… if you’re reading this, THANK YOU for saving me $300. I promise I’m not normally that dense.


This story is part of our Best Of November 2020 roundup!

Read the next story in the Best Of November 2020 roundup!

Read the Best Of November 2020 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!