Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Throw In A Link To NotAlwaysRight, While You’re At It

, , , | Right | April 21, 2022

Client: “I see our Facebook and Twitter icons on the site are not yet live. Why not?”

Me: “Live? Oh, well, you see, you actually need a Facebook group or fan page and a Twitter account so we can link the icons to them. Remember I asked you to create those pages?”

Client: “We don’t want Facebook or Twitter pages. We just want the icons to click through to Facebook dot com and to Twitter dot com.”

Me: “Why would you do that?”

Client: “We want to open up communication.”

Me: “That doesn’t make sense. Why would you randomly send someone to Facebook and Twitter? You will essentially say, ‘Hey, in case our site is boring you, here are links to Facebook and Twitter. Go chat to your friends.’ It completely defeats the purpose.”

Client: “No, it doesn’t! We want to open up communication without forcing people to talk about our brand. Then when they get on their accounts, they’ll probably want to talk about us. See?!”

Me: “Um…”

Client: “Now make the icons click through to the login pages so we can get this site live.”

Me: *Sigh* “Okay.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!