Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thought You Had ‘Em Caught But You Did Not

, , , , , | Working | March 12, 2021

I have a manager who is a pathological liar; therefore, everyone else must be a pathological liar. Due to the health crisis, I spend a lot of the time in the office alone, but even prior to the crisis, my manager came in infrequently and only when she thought her boss would be there or when it would make her look good. It is worth noting that I don’t technically have to go into the office and can work from home, but I like how quiet it is with no one there.

On a day I know no one else is coming in, I take my car up the street to get its oil change. It is a five-minute walk so I drop it off before 8:00 am and go about my business.

Around 1:00 pm, my car is ready for pickup. No one else is in the parking lot at this time. I go to pick it up, and when I come back I see that my manager’s car is there, fifteen minutes later. Since she works upstairs while I work downstairs, I think nothing of it and go about my business.

Around 3:00 pm, my manager calls me.

Manager: “Are you in the office?”

Me: “Yes.”

Manager: “Oh. I’m not.”

The call lasts until 3:30 pm and she is gone by 3:45 pm when I go for an “air break.”

A few days later, my manager’s boss approaches me about this with my manager smirking in the background.

I reply calmly.

Me: “Oh, yeah. I went to [Car Shop] across the street to get my oil changed. That is why my car wasn’t there from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm. You can check the footage if you like?”

My manager’s face just dropped to the floor. I wish I could say that would teach her to stop trying to get others in trouble, but I doubt it.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!