Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thou Shalt Not Cut In Line

, , , , | Right | May 7, 2019

(I’m a manager at a convenience store. I am alone on shift and have been fairly steady. I am ringing up [Customer #1] when [Customer #2] pushes next to him and shakes money in my face.)

Customer #2: “Here. Put this on pump #2.”

Me: “Sir, I’ll be with you in a moment. I need to finish with this gentleman in front of me.”

Customer #2: “I’m not trying to cut in line. I’m just giving you my money now.”

Me: *ignoring him and speaking to [Customer #1]* “Anything else for you today?”

Customer #1: “I—”

Customer #2: *loudly interrupts* “I don’t see why you just can’t take my money now. I’m here. I’m not cutting in line.”

Me: “Sir, I’m sorry, but if you’re insisting that I take your money before his, then you are, in fact, trying to cut in line. Now, please let me finish with this customer, and then I’ll help you.”

Customer #2: “So, you won’t take my money now?”

Me: “No, sir, not until it’s your turn.”

Customer #2: *suddenly slams his hand down on the counter and starts shouting* “I’m a minister! You will respect me! I deserve your respect! Respect me!”

([Customer #1]’s eyes get big. He mouths, “Sorry,” and then quickly takes his purchases.)

Me: *smiles brightly at [Customer #2]* “What did you need, sir?”

Customer #2: *throws the money on the counter* “Pump #2. You could’ve done that already! I’ll show you respect! I’m a man of God…” *continues to rant as he’s walking out the door*

Customer #3: *who had been watching quietly behind him* “I feel sorry for the people in his church.”

Me: “If he acts like that, me, too.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!