Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Those Who Can’t, Cheat

| Learning | May 24, 2013

(I am in high school and am in honors classes. I have a teacher who doesn’t like me and for one reason or another does not think I deserve to be in the class. I’m about to leave when she calls me to her desk.)

Teacher: “[My name], I have some concerns about you.”

Me: *confused* “Okay…”

Teacher: “It appears that a couple of the people around you have the exact same answers as you, and I can tell you’re copying them.”

Me: “Wait, what?! You think I’M copying THEM! That’s not—”

Teacher: “I want to you cease or I’m going to fail you and have you kicked from honors immediately.”

Me: “Okay, no. Why do you assume I’m the one cheating? How do you know they aren’t copying me?”

Teacher: “Because I questioned them and they told me so. Besides, they’re better than that and smarter to—”

Me: “Hold it right there. First off, where do you get the right to think someone’s smarter? There are different types of intelligences. Second, I do not, nor have I ever, cheated. If anyone’s doing it, it’s them.”

Teacher: “I don’t believe you. I’m not fond of your tone and I don’t appreciate liars.”

Me: “Fine. Let’s make a deal. I’m going to prove I’m not the one cheating. My next test, I’m going to score exactly a five. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less; and when the other people around me have the same answers and flunk miserably, I want to come back later that day and retake my test, got it?”

Teacher: “Fine. Whatever. But when they don’t fail, you’re keeping your grade!”

(Sure enough, next test, two of the people around me had a score of five. While the teacher did let me retake the test, which I got a 100/100 on by the way, I never received an apology, and the other kids weren’t kicked out like she’d threatened to do to me because she liked them more.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!