Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Those Forms Need To Go To The Time Variance Authority

, , , , | Right | December 7, 2021

When people apply for disability benefits, there is a lot of documentation needed. My main job is handling the medical records aspect of it.

One day, I notice that the doctor who filled out a form didn’t say when the evaluation was done. This is a really necessary thing so the government can gauge the progression of the disability. I call the client.

Me: “Thanks for sending in the records from [Doctor]. I’m about to submit them to aid your case, but I don’t know the date of the evaluation.”

Client: “What day does it say?”

Me: “There is no date, but I received those on April 15.”

Client: “They’re from my appointment on May 23.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but since they arrived on April 15, they must have been from an appointment prior to April 15.”

Client: “Right! The doctor said he filled them out next week. I’ll send you the forms then.”

Me: “Sir, it is impossible for me to have received an evaluation last month for the appointment you have next week. When was the last time before April 15 that you saw [Doctor]?”

This goes on for five minutes and I am crying at my desk out of exasperation before…

Client: “Did you ever get the records from me seeing [Doctor] on March 8?”

Me: “When did you send them in?”

Client: “April 15.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!