Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Whole Thing Is A Bit Sus

, , , , , , , , | Right | January 17, 2023

My coworker and I are helping a dad and his kid in our store. The kid is a cute little boy, probably no older than seven.

They finally whittle their options down to two products. The boy wanders around the store holding them, while the dad, my coworker, and I stand around chatting, waiting for the kid to pick one. 

Eventually, the kid comes back up to the counter and all but smashes his face into one of the boxes. 

Dad: “What— No, you don’t need to do that! What are you doing?”

Kid: “I was trying to smell it!”

Dad: *Pauses* “Why were you trying to smell it?”

Kid: “I was trying to smell if it was sus!”

Dad: “…”

Coworker & Me: “…”

My coworker has a better straight face than I do, and I absolutely lose it.

Me: “You can smell sus?!

Dad: *Sighs* “That’s a big word in our house recently. Everything is sus.”

Me: *When I finally stop laughing* “Kiddo, how… how do you smell sus?”

The kid, not fazed at all, shrugs.

Kid: “I dunno.”

The kid then walks over to the wall and starts shaking his leg around. 

Dad: “Okay, what are you doing now?

Kid: “I’m trying to open the box!”

All Of Us: “No! You have to pay for it first!”

They ended up buying one of the boxes, leaving my coworker and me (and probably the dad) with one of the strangest interactions we’d ever had.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!