Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Supplier Doesn’t Deliver

, , , , | Working | January 21, 2022

I deal with our suppliers, one of which supplies us with an assembly that is partly bought and partly made. We are constantly having issues with them; they say they fix the issue and then we have more issues the next month.

Me: “We have received a batch of fifty parts. Forty-five are unusable and five are barely of use.”

Sales Guy: “Oh, I’m sorry about that. What sort of issues are you having?”

Me: “I already sent photos across. It seems to be the arm mechanism.”

Sales Guy: “Oh, we buy that part in. We don’t make it.”

Me: “Okay, but we buy the assembly from you. I want you to fix it or do something so we get good parts from you.”

Sales Guy: “It’s difficult because we need them to fix their processes first.”

Me: “Without disrespect, I don’t really care what you do. I just need you to fix it or stop it getting to me.”

Sales Guy: “Well, I can try, but they don’t seem to want to do anything.”

Me: “Again, I don’t want to tell you what to do. But I want you to at least check the parts and not send them to me.”

Sales Guy: “But then we would have a load of bad parts hanging around.”

Me: “Again, not my problem, really. Sorry.”

The next month, we get our delivery with no bad parts, but they only sent five out of fifty. I call again.

Me: “I only received five parts. Where is the rest of my order?”

Sales Guy: “I have a note about not sending any bad parts, so we didn’t.”

Me: “Look. You need to send only good parts and send fifty parts. Are we clear?”

Sales Guy: “Not really, no.”

We found another supplier after that.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!