Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Story Has Yet To Be Titled

, | Working | July 23, 2016

(Before finishing college I work at a cyber cafe for about a year pay. The isn’t that great, but the work hours are flexible and my boss is nice and laid-back, and it is overall a good environment. I remember the first time one of my Coworkers told me about the slow days right after the end of school year.)

Coworker: “So, work load is gonna be very light for the next couple weeks. You know because of summer vacations.”

Me: “Great! These past few days were awful.”

(The week before the summer lull, our work increased ten-fold because of final school work, teachers bringing us exams to transcript, lots and lots of printing and scanning, etc.)

Me: “Why only two weeks? Classes don’t commence until August, right?”

Coworker: “Because after ‘detoxing’ from the finals both students and teachers remember that they have no idea of what to do with their free time, so they come back to us.”

(We both had a good laugh at that and later we told our boss. He told my Coworker that he had been working there for too long and gave him vacation time.)

 

Dear readers! You’ll notice that this story doesn’t have a title. That is because we’d like to invite you to come up with a suggestion of your own in the comments below. It can be witty, punny, surreal, anything you want – just keep it PG please! The funniest suggestion will become the title of the story. Good luck!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!