Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Should Have Been A Piece Of Cake

| Right | March 20, 2017

(We are offering a cake tasting service for a couple arranging their wedding. They are given a selection to suit the style of their wedding and asked for feedback. The session has been going well, with the bride-to-be enjoying practically every cake offered to her. She has a review form we use to assist in the decision making. We have neared the end and she is getting ready to leave.)

Bride: “Thank you ever so much. That was delicious!”

Me: “We aim to please. Have you decided on a cake or would you like some time?”

Bride: *handing me the review form* “No, just use whichever I ranked top.”

Me: “Certainly. There will also be a second tasting…” *reads the form* “Umm, miss?”

Bride: “Oh, that will be lovely. I’m sure my husband will love it.”

Me: “Umm, miss. I think there has been some—”

Bride: “Thank you for the help. Goodbye!” *leaves*

Colleague: *sneaking in* “So… which did she pick?” *I hand over the form* “Oh, well, that’s not very helpful. She’s marked 10 for all of them!”

(We ended up having to call the groom in after the bride found it too difficult to decide. She started crying and begged the groom to “just to pick one,” and then got angry at him for picking the “wrong” one. The last I heard the wedding was still on, but had been pushed back another year. Some brides can get a bit overwhelmed by it all. Let’s just hope she manages to straighten everything out!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!