Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Seems Like A Really Simple Concept

, , , , , | Working | December 6, 2021

My manager has just reamed a coworker for sitting down on the clock when none of his tasks are done. We’re about to hit shift change so there are some things that NEED to be done before a certain time. [Coworker] gets back to work but passes me sitting down in the break room.

Coworker: *To the manager* “How come she gets to sit down?”

Manager: “Because [My Name] is done with all of her tasks. In fact, she did all of her tasks, some of yours, and a few of mine. She gets to sit down when we don’t have customers.”

Coworker: “But that’s not fair! I have to work and she gets to sit down!”

Manager: “No, what’s not fair is that you were sitting down when there was still work to be done — your own work, which you still have not finished — and she was standing, trying to help you do it after lending me a hand and finishing her own tasks. You can sit down when you’re done.”

Coworker: “No, it’s not fair! I’m telling [Head Manager] about your favoritism first thing in the morning.”

I wasn’t there for it, but apparently, the head manager watched the tapes and saw that I was able to complete my tasks and help the others while [Coworker] played around on his phone and ignored everyone else around him working. He got written up. I got a bonus.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!