Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Restaurant’s Not The Cream Of The Crop, Part 2

| Working | July 11, 2015

(On my way out of work I decide to get an iced chocolate drink from the local coffee shop. My coworker asks me to pick one up for her too. The drinks are made from blended ice and milk, and I am lactose intolerant.)

Cashier: “Hello, what can I get for you?”

Me: “Hey, can I have a small chocolate blend shake and a small soya chocolate blend shake, please?”

Cashier: “Sure! Is there cream on the normal one?”

Me: “Yes, please!”

Cashier: “Great. That will be [price].”

(I pay and go to stand by the drink station, where another woman is making the drinks. The cashier prints off the ticket for my order and attaches it to the board. Soon the server gets to the order and fills it.)

Server: “One soya.” *places down a chocolate blend with cream on* “And one normal—” *no cream* “—chocolate blend.”

Me: “Sorry, did you say this is the soya?” *holds up one with cream*

Server: “Yes. Have a nice day.”

Me: “Sorry, it was the non-soya that was supposed to have cream.”

Server: “Oh, sorry about that!” *turns and grabs the cream, and fills the cap of the other drink with whipped cream* “There you go! Have a nice day!”

Me: “…Um, I’m dairy intolerant.”

Server: *pauses, looking confused* “Yeah, the other is soya.”

Me: “…”

Server: “…”

Me: “Cream is made of dairy.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!