Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Pants Sale Is Off The Rails!

, , , | Right | CREDIT: throughalfanoir | January 13, 2023

I swear, Christmas shopping brings people into the store who haven’t set foot in a clothing store for months. I have no other way to explain some of the behaviour I am seeing.

A woman approaches me with a pair of pants in hand, with her two daughters following, and hands me the pants.

Customer: “Find me a size twenty-eight waist. I’ve seen it on the floor.”

I go and check the rail where these specific pants are hanging, but there is no size twenty-eight there. I return to her.

Me: “I”m sorry, ma’am, but I didn’t find any on the rack. If you’d like I can check the stockroom, but that might take a few minutes.”

Customer: “No, they’re here on the floor! My daughter had them in hand earlier!”

After two minutes of confusion, and with the help of her daughter — mind you, there is no language barrier; their accent is as British as it gets and my English is pretty decent — we figure out what she means. Her daughter had the jeans in hand, put them on a rail while she was shopping, and forgot where exactly she left them, and now she wants me to find them.

After some more triangulating, we find that they were in the sales section when this happened, so I quickly browse through the sales rail and find the pair of pants in question.

Then, she asks me the million-dollar question:

Customer: “So, are they on sale now?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!