Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Owner Is Shih (Tzu)

, , , , | Right | October 13, 2022

CONTENT WARNING: Animal Neglect

 

I work in a pet salon. All too often, I get people who bring in severely matted dogs. Luckily, the majority of them already know that their dog is going to be naked when they pick it up, but there is always “that one” who demands you brush the mats out. For the record, I’m talking about a level of matting where brushing it out would be incredibly painful for the dog and take literally HOURS upon HOURS, if it is even possible. I refuse on the principle of the dog’s comfort; I am not here to torture puppies!

A woman brings in a severely matted Shih Tzu.

Customer: “I want you to brush all these out.”

Me: “Uh… when was the last time he was brushed?”

Customer: “I don’t know. Maybe a year?”

Me: “Ma’am, we will not be able to brush out fur this badly matted. He can only be shaved.”

Customer: “What?! No! You will not be shaving my dog!”

Me: “There is no way I am going to torment your dog like that.”

Customer: “Fine, I’ll take [Dog] home and find someone else to do it.”

Me: “Ma’am, if the dog leaves the premises in its current condition, the Humane Society will be called, and you will be charged with neglect.”

The dog went home shaved and much happier.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!