Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Museum Doesn’t Have Dog Day Afternoons

, , , | Right | January 2, 2020

(I have been working as a volunteer in a museum. A lady walks in with her — actually quite large — dog.)

Visitor: “Hi! I’d like to visit the exhibit!”

Me: “Welcome! Sure, that will be 5€.”

(As I give her the usual information — like where the toilets and wardrobes are and where the exhibit is and everything like this — I also tell her that her dog has to wait outside, as we are a small museum but cannot allow a large dog to freely walk around valuable things AND children in the exhibit.)

Visitor: “What? Why? I don’t want to let my dog wait outside!”

Me: “Sorry, but it goes against regulation. Also, the weather is fine and we have enough room outs—”

Visitor: “No! I don’t understand. I was in [Other Museum] and they let my dog in!”

Me: “That can be possible, but we have regulations and I cannot allow it.”

Visitor: “This is ridiculous!”

(Before I can say another word, she leaves. My coworker was beside me the whole time and searches online for the other museum’s house rules, where dogs are clearly not allowed in the exhibit. We laugh at the situation.)

Coworker: “I don’t think she went to [Other Museum] recently; no exhibit there lets dogs in.”

Me: “I mean, what would a dog even want to see in a room full of old stuff?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!