Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Manager Needs To Be Cut… From The Staff  

, , , , , | Working | March 4, 2020

(I am a rather small female. I work in a large home goods store, and we have been closed for about the last hour or so. Managers have gone upstairs to count money and other employees are wandering the back of the store fixing up various displays, so I’m alone in the toiletries in front of the store fixing it up myself. All of a sudden, I hear a weird tapping coming from outside, so I step out of the aisle to look and nearly have a heart attack as there is a rather large man pressed up against the glass door tapping the tip of a carving knife against the door. I try to run back into the aisle but he spots me.)

Man: “Hey! I want to return this knife!”

Me: “Uh…”

(I run back into the aisle and grab the employee phone to call the office where the manager is counting money.)

Manager: “What?”

Me: “Um, there’s a guy outside with a knife… He says he wants to return it, but—”

Manager: “Tell him we’re closed.”

Me: “I don’t really want to speak to him; he’s tapping the knife against the door and he’s kind of big. Can you come down? Or send someone else down?”

Manager: “I already sent [Manager #2] and [Manager #3] home for the night, and I’m busy counting. Just tell him to go away and come back to return it tomorrow.”

Me: “Again, I don’t really want to talk to him—”

Manager: “Just deal with it. I’m busy.” *hangs up* 

(When I peeked out from the aisle again, the guy was gone. I was able to catch a male coworker and ask him to walk me to my car, but I was super on edge for the next few nights!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!