Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Job May Require Telepathy, Part 8

, , , | Right | January 30, 2023

A customer approaches my coworker who is folding shirts and starts a tirade against him.

Customer: “You there! You should stop doing that!”

Coworker: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “You should stop folding shirts and help me! You should always help your customers! Are you new?”

Coworker: “No.”

Customer: “You must be new. Otherwise, you would know I needed help!”

Did she even bother to ask for any help or look for someone with a nametag? No to the first and barely to the second. Cameras showed she came through the door and stormed over to the nearest person who seemed to be busy with something. It was pure luck that she tagged my coworker and not the lady a foot to his right who is examining the same shirts and looks as though she might work there, too, at first glance.

Coworker: “Can I help you?”

Customer: “You need to help your customers! I’m looking for something of good quality. Price doesn’t matter.”

Coworker: “Are you looking for a shirt, a hoodie, or a jacket?”

Customer: “You’re not listening! I said I needed something of good quality! Price doesn’t matter!”

Coworker: “Well, we have these sweatshirts up here.”

Customer: “That’s not what I want! I said I needed something of good quality! Price doesn’t matter! Where’s your manager?”

The customer goes to the manager who, by pure luck, shows her a jacket. She gets all excited.

Customer: “That’s what I want! I was looking for a jacket. You need to train your employees better. No matter what I said, your employee refused to show them to me.”

WTF, lady? You’re the one who needs a brain replacement! My coworker asked you what you wanted, but you wouldn’t tell him! We can’t read your mind!

Related:
This Job May Require Telepathy, Part 7
This Job May Require Telepathy, Part 6
This Job May Require Telepathy, Part 5
This Job May Require Telepathy, Part 4
This Job May Require Telepathy, Part 3

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!