Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Isn’t Going To Work Out

, , , , , | Right Working | January 28, 2022

I worked for a gym years ago. Some of our “regulars” were homeless people from a nearby camp who used the gym to shower. They were all pretty nice, but one guy told me he watched to see if my car was there and made sure to come in when he knew I was working.

Then, we got a kiosk in the mall, and he found me there and followed me around. An employee at a nearby store showed me this dude’s mugshot with a charge for something inappropriate with a minor. I was twenty at the time, but I was often mistaken for a teenager. Naturally, I got even more uncomfortable.

My coworker went to our manager because she and a few members were concerned about this guy. My manager told me to stop “spreading rumors” about members and did nothing.

I usually closed the gym. We closed at 11:00 pm, and I was alone. One of the guys from the camp was very large and intimidating. He told me about all these fights he was getting into on the street. I got in trouble with that same manager for not closing on time. I didn’t close on time because the big scary dude would work out until exactly 11:00 pm and then spend at least thirty to forty-five minutes in the shower.

I told my manager he could come tell the dude to leave.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!