Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Why You Never Volunteer Extra Information…

, , , | Right | April 21, 2021

I’m in line behind an older woman who has two items. The cashier starts checking her out.

Cashier: “Did you find everything okay?”

Customer: “No. I was looking for [Expensive Toilet Paper] and [Store Brand Wipes for Babies]. I couldn’t find it. I need it! My daughter has sensitive skin!”

Cashier: “Well, ma’am, we are unloading a truck right now. If you want to come back at four pm, we will have it out on the floor.”

Customer: “Well, send someone back right now. I don’t mind waiting.”

The cashier points to the line of seven people behind her.

Cashier: “I need to help the other people out.”

Customer: *Raises her voice* “Just go in the back.”

The cashier looks pretty annoyed.

Cashier: “That is not possible. We will have new product on the floor at four pm.”

The woman pays for her items and stomps out the door like a little toddler. I am almost through with my transaction when she comes back in and waits for the cashier to be finished.

Customer: “I want to talk to your manager. You were so rude to me.”

Cashier: “I am the manager on duty. I have told you when the product will be available. Either come back at four pm or another day, but it is not possible to get you one right now. I am not going to ask them to do that.”

Customer: “I am trying to buy your product.”

I jump in at this point.

Me: “That’s not how this works. We all want to buy stuff and can only do it when they have it available.”

The woman left. Sometimes people are just too dense.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!