Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 97

, , , , | Right | November 10, 2020

I’m a delivery driver for a pizza place. When things get slow, I help my coworkers with their duties, such as placing orders over the phone. It’s particularly slow, and the phone rings.

Me: “Thank you for calling [Pizza Place]; this is [My Name] speaking. Will this be for delivery or carryout?”

Customer: “Delivery.”

I get the customer’s name and phone number before placing the order.

Me: “Okay, sir, what can I get for you today?”

The customer places his order with no problems. At the end, I ask if he wants to pay with cash or card and he decides to pay with his card. In order to pay with a card, we need the card number, the three numbers on the back of the card, and a zip code. I get his card number with ease.

Me: “Okay, perfect. Now I need the CVV number.”

Customer: “What?”

Me: “The CVV. It’s the three-digit number on the back of your card.”

Customer: “I’m not gonna give you that!”

Me: “Okay, that’s fine. But you won’t be able to pay for your order without it.”

Customer: “That’s not true; you can run my card! You don’t need that number!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but the computer will not let me process your card without it. I need the three-digit number, or you can’t pay now. You can pay when the driver arrives, however.”

Customer: “No, I want to pay now, but I’m not giving you that number!”

Me: “Again, I’m sorry, sir, but I cannot run payments without it.”

Customer: “I want to speak to your manager!”

I sigh and call my manager over. I explain this situation, and he too sighs and takes the phone. I start to fold pizza boxes, and a few minutes later, my manager approaches me.

Manager: “He thought you were asking for his PIN number.”

My manager sighed again and walked away.

Related:
This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 96
This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 95
This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 94
This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 93
This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 92

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!