Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 62

| Right | November 17, 2016

(My company provides all sorts of home help, ranging from nurses to home aides to babysitters for sick children.)

Me: “Good morning, [Company]; this is [My Name] speaking.”

Caller: “Hi, I wanted to talk to someone about this letter I received.”

Me: “Sure, what is your question?”

Caller: “Well, I received a notice about a payment I made three months ago. I don’t understand because I did pay the bill. Can you transfer me to the babysitting service?”

(I try to connect her but get no answer, so I ask her if I can take a message.)

Caller: “Well, yes. You see, I lost the original bill so I just paid 200€ to your company account and I figured that would be the end of it.”

Me: *dumbfounded* “You did what?”

Caller: “I mean, why are you sending me an invoice if it’s been paid?”

Me: “Ma’am, I doubt your bill was paid as it was likely not the correct amount and did not have a correct reference number.”

Caller: “But you still sent me a notice.”

(At this point, and before my eyes roll out of my head I try the service again. This time I do get someone answering.)

Me: *to coworker* “You’re never going to believe this one…”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!