Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 50

| Right | April 7, 2016

(I am one of the head tellers in a big multi-state bank, and I hear loud voices in the drive-through where one of our newest tellers is working. I go back there and he hands me a personal check and debit card for the woman in the first lane, who has refused to give him her driver’s license. I ask him to pull the account and since the check is only $300, I allow him to check signatures in lieu of the ID, because it is her check. The customer is yelling at him and is glaring at me through the window, so I go over to do some customer service.)

Me: “Hi, I’m the head teller here. Thank you for your patienc—”

Customer: *cuts me off* “If he won’t give me my money I will just take that check back.”

Me: “Well, ma’am, here at [Bank] we verify IDs to make sure that we are—”

Customer: *again interrupts me, more angry* “I have NEVER been asked for my ID. I go to [Other Branch] all the time.”

Me: “Ah, see, if they know you by name at that branch that is likely why they are willing to bend the rules for you.”

Customer: “What? Is that [Bank] policy?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, in the drive-up any amounts over $100 need two IDs.”

Customer: “JUST GIVE ME BACK MY CHECK. I WILL MOVE MY ACCOUNTS!”

Me: “[Teller] is cashing it out right now. He was able to verify the signatures on it, but you know, if something happened, if someone had – god forbid – taken your purse and had your checks and ID—”

Customer: “WELL, THAT IS MY PROBLEM! JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY.”

(I stare at her flabbergasted and frankly I have no idea what to respond. At that moment the other teller presents me with the funds and she drives off immediately, glaring at both of us the entire time. I look at my new teller and he shrugs.)

Me: “So, if someone takes her purse, we are supposed to give them her money as well?”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!