Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Why I Always Pay With A Card

, , , , , , | Right | CREDIT: JALgoe | May 16, 2022

I ring a guy up for beer that totals out to $19.66. I make it a point to verbally say a customer’s total as well as the cash that they give me to avoid any confusion.

The guy gives me $20.51 and, repeating it back to him, I hand him his 85 cents in change.

The guy looks at his receipt, his change, and back at me in confusion.

Guy: “What the h***? What am I supposed to do with all this change?”

Me: “Your total was $19.66. You gave me $20.51. Your change is 85 cents.”

Guy: “Wow, thanks a lot, man. Unbelievable. Didn’t you see I was counting all the change in my hand?”

He stormed off like a large, angry child.

I get not wanting to get a ton of change, but that basic math skill is on you as a customer. I don’t know what your intentions are. Maybe you need more quarters for laundry? Maybe you just wanted to get rid of the one penny you had? It blows my mind how minor inconveniences like these will set some people off into a full-on tantrum in public.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!