Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Soda-Pressing, Part 4

, , , | Right | November 4, 2020

I work at a store that has a weekly ad displaying all the sales of that week. I get a call mid-afternoon while I am working up at customer service and the following conversation occurs.

Me: “Hi, thank you for calling [Store]. How can I help you?”

Caller: “Hi, I’d like to know about your Pepsi deals this week.”

Me: “Of course, just a moment!”

I pull out the ad and find the Pepsi sale.

Me: “The Pepsi sales are if you buy $20 worth of Pepsi products, you get a $5 gift card. And we have a two-for-$7 on twelve-packs and a two-for-$5 on six-packs.”

Caller: “Is there anything on there about two-liter bottles?”

Me: “No, ma’am, only the $20 for $5 gift card would apply to the two-liters.”

Caller: “I don’t believe you. Put someone who knows more than you on, dumba**.”

I can’t believe what I’ve heard. I put on my “not taking any s***” coworker.

Coworker: “Hi, this is [Coworker]. How can I help you?”

Caller: “I want to know your deals on Pepsi products.” 

My coworker tells her the same information I told her.

Caller: “I can’t believe this! I think you both are lying!”

Coworker: “Ma’am, why would we lie about this? You have had two people look at the official ad and tell you what the deals are. If you don’t believe us, come down and look for yourself.”

Caller: “I will hear from a manager about these deals, not two liars!”

Coworker: “Oh, hun, take a guess what the manager will say.”

Caller: *Click* 

Related:
This Is Soda-Pressing, Part 3
This Is Soda-Pressing, Part 2
This Is Soda-Pressing

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!