Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Made A Good Call

| Working | August 12, 2014

(I have been on the phone for about 45 minutes with a customer that is very upset.)

Me: “I am sorry, ma’am, that the store did not check to make sure [Product] would work in your area. I can look into it and see why not.”

Customer: “You know that it was [Store] that sold it to me. Is there any way you can contact them?

Me: “Ma’am, I can give them a call and if you wish I can call you back afterwards.”

Customer: “That would be great. Talk to you in a few minutes.” *click*

(I am about to call the other store when my coworker, who has been listening in, interjects:)

Coworker: “You’re not allowed to call the stores, you know.”

Me: “What? I have done it before.”

Coworker: “Nope, it’s not allowed.”

Me: “Well, I guess I’m in trouble then; I have done it every time a customer says something happened at a store.” *picks up phone to make call*

Coworker: “If you call I’m going to report you to the manager.”

Me: “Go for it.”

(I then call the store and inquire why they did not check to make sure the product did not work. It seems it was a trainee that had filled the order and failed to see that they needed to make sure there was even coverage before completing the order. I hang up just as my coworker and manager come over.)

Coworker: “Go ahead and tell [Manager] what you told the customer.”

Me: “That I would be giving her a call back after I called the store to find out why they sold her a product without checking the coverage.”

Manager: “Have you called the store?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am.”

Manager: “Good. After you call the customer back take an extra 15-minute break.”

(She then walked back to her desk. After work she said I was one of the most dedicated employees she had. Made my day.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!