Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Not A Drill

, , , | Right | April 12, 2018

(I work as a head cashier. Basically, it’s my job to help if any one of my cashiers starts to have problems with a customer. I get called over to returns to help.)

Coworker: “Hey, [My Name]. This customer would like a refund on this drill set, but it seems to be missing pieces. Can we still do the refund?”

Me: “Depends on what pieces are missing.”

(We can still do the refund if small pieces are missing, but not big ones.)

Customer: “Oh, nothing too important, just some small parts.”

Me: “Okay, did you check to see what’s missing?”

Customer: “Why do they have to check? Don’t you trust me?”

Me: *pause* “Yeah, I trust you. We still have to check the box, though.”

Customer: “Fine.” *puts box on counter*

([Coworker] opens the box that’s supposed to contain two drills, two batteries, and some small parts. This box contains… nothing.)

Coworker: “Um, did you bring in the right box? This one has nothing in it.”

Customer: “No, that’s the right box.”

Coworker: “But there’s nothing in it.”

Customer: “Well, yeah. I told you it was missing parts; that’s why I wanted a refund.”

Me: “Oh, do you mean you bought it, got home, and nothing was in it?”

Customer: “No… There was a pair of drills and batteries. I have them at home.”

Me: “So… If you want to refund the set… you need to bring the drills and batteries back.”

Customer: “But the box said I can get a refund if there’s parts missing from it.”

Me: “Yes, but that’s only if there were originally missing parts from the box.”

Customer: “Well, there are parts missing.”

Me: “Do you know what parts?”

Customer: “Yeah! Two drills and two batteries. Now I want my refund, g**d*** it.”

(This went on for another ten minutes. He ended up asking for the manager and being asked to leave.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!