Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Lazy, But Here’s The Number, So Help Yourself Maybe

, , , , , | Right | September 4, 2012

(I’m with my parents at a large chain hardware store. I’ve wandered off to the garden section and am minding my own business while looking at some potted plants.)

Customer: “Excuse me! How much are the potted plants out front?”

Employee: “I’ll help you out in just one second, okay? I have to unload this pallet right away, but I’ll be right with you.”

Customer: “You’re useless!” *comes up to me* “Excuse me! How much are the potted plants?”

Me: *looks around* “…Me? Oh, I don’t work here. I do believe that man told you he’d be right with you, though.”

Customer: “You work here, I know you do. Don’t lie! You just want to be lazy.”

Me: “No… I don’t work here. Sorry.”

Customer: “You just want to be lazy!” *stomps over to the registers* “Excuse me, but your employees are being lazy and won’t tell me how much the potted plants are.”

Employee #2: “Ma’am, I heard my coworker tell you he’d be right with you, and that girl doesn’t work here.”

Customer: “Sure, she doesn’t! She just wants to be lazy. HOW MUCH ARE THE D*** PLANTS?!”

Employee #2: “Well, which ones?”

Customer: “THE POTTED PLANTS!”

Employee #2: “Ma’am, we have many potted plants here—”

Customer: “THE D*** ONES UP FRONT!”

Employee #2: “Ma’am, there’s a rather large neon yellow sign in front of the rack they’re on. The price is on there.”

Customer: “Well, why didn’t someone say so?!”


This story is part of our Houseplant roundup!

Read the next Houseplant roundup story!

Read the Houseplant roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!