Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Also Why We Don’t Make Bomb Jokes At Airports

, , , | Right | November 13, 2020

Several years ago, I was working as a teller when I was a victim of a bank robbery. Without going into too many details, there was a visible weapon. This takes place about a year and a half later. I’m at a different branch. A customer I’ve never seen before walks in, so I get up to greet him.

Me: “Hello, sir. What can I help you with today?”

Customer: *Quietly* “Give me all your money, right now.”

I freeze in fear.

Me: “I… Uh… What?”

The customer glares at me for a few seconds and then starts laughing.

Customer: “Totally joking. Oh, man! You should’ve seen your face!”

Me: “That’s not funny.”

Customer: “Come on. It was a little funny. You actually looked afraid for real!”

My legs start to shake, and I grab the side of the counter. The feeling of panic turns to red-hot anger.

Me: “Sir, I was robbed for real, with a real weapon! That joke will never be funny.”

All the color drains out of the customer’s face.

Customer: “Oh, no. I’m so sorry, miss. I really am. I just wanted to joke around a little bit. I had no idea. Please, please forgive me.”

Me: “I forgive you, but don’t ever make that joke again.”

Customer: “I promise I won’t.”

I don’t work in banking anymore.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!