Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Guy Has To Be A Time Traveler Or An Alien, Right?

, , , , | Right | September 15, 2022

To be fair, this client is more of an old acquaintance that I’ve more or less adopted. He shows up every couple of years with a new idea he needs help with. The latest is a one-page website for his wood sculptures. He does all his email and web browsing at the library and calls from a pay phone.

Client: “I noticed down at the bottom where my email address is that when I click it, it launches some kind of email thing.”

Me: “What’s the problem? Is that the wrong email?”

Client: “No, it’s the right email. I just don’t want that on my website. That technology has got to be expensive and I don’t want to be paying for that, so just take it off. I just want my email there so people can read it. I don’t need any of this fancy stuff that makes things pop up.”

Me: “That’s how every email address on every site in the world works. It doesn’t cost anything. It’s just a hyperlink that launches your email client.”

Client: “You mean it doesn’t cost extra to make that happen?”

Me: “No. But now I’m curious. What do you normally do when you see an email address on a site and want to email them?”

Client: “I just get out a pen and paper and write it down. Then, I go to my Hotmail account and type in their email. Isn’t that what everyone does?”

Me: “Nope, you’re probably the only one.”

Client: “Okay, then.”

He paid me with a vial of gold nuggets, a mini-sewing machine, and a fishing knife. He offered me a homemade surfboard, but I didn’t have room for it at my place. 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!