Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Girl Gets It

, , , , , , | Right | February 2, 2021

To cut down on the time the cash office has to spend refilling the self-scan machines with change, four of our twelve machines are made permanently “card only.” Even though the self-scan warns you at the beginning and there’s a sign, we still get people who ask us why there’s no option for cash once they’ve scanned all their shopping.

It is late on a Friday night. A teenage girl around fourteen or fifteen comes up to the self-scans with her dad. The girl looks at the “card only” machine and moves to the next one that takes cash with her two items.

Dad: “Hey, why did you move to that one? This one is perfectly fine.”

Teenage Girl: “I only have change on me and that one is card only.”

Dad: “I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

Teenage Girl: *Sarcastically* “Yes, Dad, because the ‘card only’ sign is on there for fun.”

She paid at her self-scan and began to walk away. Her dad grumbled after her. My coworker and I laughed at the daughter who could read and the dad who could read and still didn’t believe what the sign was telling him!


This story is part of our Best Of February 2021 roundup!

Read the next Best Of February 2021 roundup story!

Read the Best Of February 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!